Mother’s Day is this Sunday. All across our nation, mothers will be thanked and appreciated for all they’ve given to their children and the world. As they should be. Someone once said, “The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world.” It’s true. How Moms nurture their kids largely determines how the future of the world will develop.
Therefore, from watching a really good Mom (my wife Marilynn), and my daughter raising her kids well, plus having had a good Mom myself, here are some thoughts for Moms today:
1. You are essential for the health of our future. Don’t take your responsibility to raise your kids well frivolously. Mothering is very important for our society, its future and the advancement of God’s kingdom!
2. You only get these little ones once. Every day is a gift. Enjoy them to the full. Please, have no vain regrets in your mothering! Don’t allow anything to be more important. It isn’t.
3. They need you. They need your love, grace, forgiveness and nurture. Your care is shaping their eternal soul. Your presence speaks volumes to them. Please know it’s true!
4. Don’t underestimate snuggling. Needs of kids to be held, stroked, tickled and rubbed are enormous. Just imagine that with each touch you’re making your kid healthier for life.
5. Make sure your words give life, not death. “Life and death is in the tongue”—Proverbs 18:21. Before your day begins, think of ways you can speak words of encouragement, blessing and hope to your kids. Believe me, they hear them and store them up in their hearts.
Happy Mother’s Day to all you Moms out there!
Thank you for taking this huge responsibility upon your shoulders. You are appreciated. You rock! You rule the world!
God bless you all on this special day.
“Unless the Lord builds the house, all those who strive are laboring in vain”—Psalm 127:1
If you like to read the insights from the daily Bible reading in Mark, please click here.